Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tomato and Okra Seedlings Update


I've been watching a lot of videos about re-potting tomato seedlings and okra seedlings lately. I thought I needed to re-pot mine but as it turns out, it's still too soon. I'm just a proud and excited "mommy" is all. Teehee.

Well, like I told you before, I don't have much time and patience studying about this so I just learn as I go along and it seems to be working pretty fine. When it's time to re-pot, I'll watch some more videos. For now, let me just show you how my okra and tomato seedlings are faring after only one week.

I've been placing my okra and tomato seedlings where the sun is, which is the balcony in the afternoon, as long as it's not raining. If you notice, the long, thin stemmed ones are my tomato seedlings and they follow where the sun is. They also need to be able to sway with the wind so it's really important to bring them outdoors if possible. If not, make sure you have an electric fan blowing at them for 5-10 minutes a day at least.

As for the okra seedlings, they prefer cool weather but they need a lot of sunlight too. So I guess our weather these days is a big help, coz if it's not raining, the sun is shining. So it's just perfect.

Anyway, I'll be planting leafy green vegetable seeds today like lettuce, and later on, I'll share with you how my eggplant and chili seeds are faring. ^_^

To know more about how to make your own vegetable garden, head to these links below:





No comments:

Post a Comment