Thursday, January 6, 2011

Soap Making Seminar

As I continued reading about the pleasures and benefits of soapmaking, a little voice inside of me started having doubts. "Can I really do this? Why did it seem so easy when I attended a seminar before? It sounds pretty exciting but I don't want my house to burn down by doing this!" To calm myself down, I started rummaging through my old files and looked for my old soap making notes from 2005. And look what I found, crisp and looking new:

Yup, it' the certificate I was handed after I attended a soap making seminar on August 2005, almost 6 years ago. Woah. it really took me this long to pursue this interest of mine. Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of notes at that time and most of what I've scribbled were just bits and pieces of what we did. So I thought, why not take another seminar then? A refresher course is what I definitely need if I am really gonna pursue this, plus, I'd get to know more about suppliers and other soap enthusiasts firsthand. Most importantly, I can video everything, or at least until the battery of my GE DV1 HD recorder runs out.

this was the first soapmaking seminar I attended in 2005


So that's another step I took today. In the meantime, I'll keep reading my book, Soapmaking for Fun and Profit by Maria Given Nerius.

Read more:

SOAP MAKING HOBBY TURNED BUSINESS



No comments:

Post a Comment