Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Charm Bracelet and Necklace from Recycled Earrings

Wow! It's been almost four months since I last got busy with my crafts. I've been meaning to make my glycerine soaps but I still haven't found the time to buy my ingredients. Sorry about that. I've been traveling most of the time from Cebu, to Baguio, to my 33-day Boracay stay, to Caliraya, to Magalawa island in Zambales and just recently to Canyon Cove in Nasugbu. Whew! I still got plenty of travels to do but this particular day, I felt particularly creative. I knew I wanted to make a nice bracelet but I needed some inspiration. I checked out some jewelry making stuff online but nothing enticed me.

Then I saw my old unused earrings which are all missing their respective pairs. Why don't I recycle them and make a gorgeous charm bracelet? I still got a lot of raw materials and bead supplies so I just went with my idea. I stationed myself in our cozy lanai where I do all my crafts (as well as play with my musical instruments).


As the charm bracelet was starting to take shape, I thought of another brilliant idea! Why don't I make this charm bracelet turn into a gorgeous necklace as well? At that point, I still had no idea how I was going to do that but with all my beads, metals, ribbons, stones and other jewelry making supplies, I was sure I was going to think of something awesome.


True enough, as soon as the charm bracelet was finally done, I knew what I had to do. I felt so good and excited!

I recycled an old pearl choker and placed a clamp on each end so I can attach it to my charm bracelet. See how it turned out.... Voila!

Not bad huh? It looked kind of Bohemian and all, which is usually my personal style. I hope you liked it. I don't always wear necklaces no matter how many I have in my collection, but I think, this particular one that I made will be worn many times. Til my next project! ^_^

To see my past creations, please click beaded accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment